GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
AP Forest Department invites expression of interest from the firms for engaging a consultant for Evaluation of implementation of Resettlement Action Plan in Visakhapatnam Circle area under APCFM Project
- Task of the consultant : The Consultant is required to undertake an independent evaluation to assess the Socio Economic status of the Podu cultivators and to assess the impact of rehabilitation measures implemented to help them improve the livelihood, it is proposed to include a sample of VSS – those who gave up their encroached forest land and those who are still continuing cultivation of such lands. The primary data will be obtained through personal interviews with the Podu cultivators. He should focus on the following issues.
- To assess the overall adequacy of the approach to economic rehabilitation measures through self-employment/income generation activities. This will include an assessment of the extent to which the income generation options offered have been able to and are likely to ensure sustainable income generation for the target group of Project Affected Families.
- To assess the adequacy and efficiency of the organizational set-up staffing and the capacity of Forest Department and NGO with which planning and implementation of Resettlement Action Plan has been done.
- To assess the adequacy of measures initiated to ensure sustainability of the livelihood opportunities provided under Resettlement Action Plan.
- Ascertaining the adequacy of the out-reach (in terms of village level consultations, paper notifications, etc.) to VSS communities/PAFs on the RAP program;
- Assessing the adequacy of the participation of affected/VSS communities in planning and implementing RAP at the individual VSS level;
- Assessing the adequacy of the R&R policy provisions to address the issues related to the affected ‘podu cultivators’;
- Comparing the income level from each of the economic activities selected by affected families;
- Assessing the extent to which each of these helped them to restore their economic livelihood and at the total level how many families could recover their lost livelihood – this objective could be merged with objective (iv) of the Terms of Reference;
- Assessing to what extent the on-going schemes could be dovetailed for the economic benefit of the affected people;
- Assessing to what extent the grievances redress mechanism functioned to resolve complaints of/and difficulties faced by PAPs.
Interested firms may apply with a brief note detailing with the proposed team with their bio data and past experience in the similar studies. The applications (by post or by person) shall be handed over at the following address on or before 3.00 P.M. on 5-11-2008.
Addl. Prl.Chief Conservator of Forests (CFM)
O/o the Prl.Chief Conservator of Forests,
Aranya Bhavan, Saifabad, A.P, Hyderabad-500004.
for Prl.Chief Conservator of Forests